The field of membership or common bond of the proposed “Worker Cooperative Federal Credit Union” (unchartered) was approved on January 13, 2011 after nearly a year of review by the National Credit Union Administration. The field of membership defines who is permitted to join the proposed credit union. Note that the approval is for the field of membership only and is not a charter.
Our field of membership includes:
- Voting members of the United States Federation of Worker Cooperatives (USFWC) and voting members of the member cooperatives.
- (NoBAWC involvement suspended pending membership review) Voting members of the Network of Bay Area Worker Cooperative (NoBAWC) and voting members of the member cooperatives.
- Voting members of the North American Students of Cooperation (NASCO) and voting members of the member cooperatives.
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union;
- Employees of the credit union;
- Members of the immediate family or household; and
- Organizations of such persons.